Sick Horses

We have an out break of something at our barn.  The
vet was out and he was not definitive at all.

My horse has a snotty, greenish slim coming from her
nose.  She is dragging around not eager to expend
energy.  When she ate some carrott pieces she kinda
coughed them back up.  She is however able to eat
grain.  I took her where she could do her favorite and
eat some grass.  She nibbled but was not too excited.

We did a 15 mile novice competitive ride last week
end, (she just turned 4 yrs old), and she seemed
really tired.  She had a finishing rate of 48/12 which
seemed surprisingly high.  I think she was coming down
with something before we even got to the ride.

Has anyone seen these characteristics in a horse?  Oh,
it must be contagious because other horses on the
place have the same thing.

Any thoughts?
Charles