Observations and apologies

I'd like to apologise to everyone on Ridecamp about poking my oar into the FEI / AERC debate, as I clearly don't have sufficient understanding of the matter to have commented.  It was arrogant of me to assume that I could compare it to the disciplines in which I compete, and I have received a good education of the difficulties that you face.  Thank you for bearing with me, and educating me in a flame-free way.

Just a casual observation : I can't help noticing the different reactions which I see among Americans, to those I see among South Africans and Europeans.  You guys are very aware of your constitutional rights, and that has come across strongly in the arguments I've seen on Ridecamp, both in this debate and in others regarding rules being imposed.  I think we all tend to be a little more used to interference from outside agencies, and have a tendency to be more accepting of it.   It's just a difference of approach - Americans tend to fight the imposition of a rule with which they disagree, we just ignore the fact that it has been imposed >g<

Neither approach is necessarily better, but I think it is cultural.  We can all learn from each other.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone in dealing with the changes which are looming.  I think the change is inevitable, and I hope that it doesn't detract from your enjoyment of your riding.

Regards,
Tracey