Re: RC: Mane Mites (post from Barb Peck)

Do these mites cause a thinning of the hair of the lower half of the mane?
We have some horses that have this condition, and some horses-same farm- that
don't.  We have tried Ivermectin in the past.  Didn't seem to help.  My 15 yr
old mare's mane is getting so thin she looks like an appy.  Her daughter has
never had a problem, and they have been stabled together for most of the
seven years since the daughter was born.  Any chance it is an immunity thing?
 Any info, web sites, etc you can pass along would be appreciated.   jeri