Re: RC: RE: Re: Biltmore Blues

Don't want to start anything here. Really I don't, I've been flamed once and it hurt. :) But I went to a FEI ride about a week ago and I didn't find anything disappointing or upsetting about riding under FEI rules. As a matter of fact I LIKED the way the vet checks worked. I was a little miffed about having to park separated from FEI riders but  then realized they had appointed us, the "lowly AERC riders" right next to the bathrooms, the water, the vet check area, and not far from the finish line. The FEI riders had to walk a whole lot more. Maybe our ride was better planned, maybe the attitude of the ride manager was different, I don't know, I just know I won't have a problem with going to another FEI ride.

Jennifer Kurtzhall

  Bob Morris <bobmorris@rmci.net> wrote:

Why Jim, you must have experienced a fluke! {:)

The people in favor of the FEI sanctioning have informed us that there is
relatively no difference in the ride when it has FEI sanctioning. Did you
not read all the information to this effect in the Endurance News this past
year. You do believe this now that you have experienced it ? Or don't you
think they were telling us all the truth.

We learn by experience but some times it is difficult to accept the fact
that we have been mislead.

I am glad you had the fortitude to express your feelings. Unless more riders
do the same we will be saddled with FEI as a continuing thorn in the side. I
just hope the Managers of the National Championship rides heed this warning.

Bob Morris