Re: RC: Major Wreck

In a message dated 5/5/01 8:11:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mrhoff@srv.net
writes:

All I can say is I should have had a breast collar on. Take time to
therally check equipment, like making
sure your cinch tight, and never travel back country alone.
I had a vet check Windy out, has a few scrapes but is all right.

One of the best pieces of advice I have heard is when Len Brown of Orthoflex
said you should always ride with a crupper and breatcollar.  I used to ride
the mule with only a saddle because it "never" slipped.  Until one day we
came down the trail where you had to step down about a 2 foot drop and make a
sharp left on the trail to avoid a large ditch.  All of a sudden my saddle
was on her neck and I fell off, luckily on the hill side instead of into the
ditch.  Made a believer out of me.  My saddle on Bandit has never slipped but
I still use a breast collar and crupper every ride......maryben