Biltmore

Just returned from Biltmore (early because the horse I was helping crew for
hit a tree and had a grade three lameness.  This is Abbie's horse from
Leatherwood. It's a shame because she was running 1st in the 50.)   Biltmore
is a real can of worms this year.  It's a money ride IAHA, and also a
qualifying ride for the FEI.  Lot's of rules but that's not the problem.
About twelve top 100s took a wrong turn and was not stopped by  a spotter
present at the turn and came into the second vet check ahead of two 100s that
went our ahead of them without passing them.   After these twelve started
vetting out it was realized that they took a wrong turn.  You should have
seen these twelve climbing back on their horses and screaming and yelling all
the way back to where they missed the turn and had to complete the second
loop.  Luckily for Nicki Young she was one of the two ahead of these twelve
and made the right turn and had a 60 minute lead on the group after the
second loop.  I heard a lot of protest talk and complaining about trail
marking but hopefully everything will be worked out.  Weather is hot but
expecting a cool front to come through this afternoon.  Quite a few pulls
before I left.

Phil Rash