Re: truck search

I have to agree w/ Terri....I have a F250 1990 3/4 Ton Extended cab 4x4
Diesel, 250K miles and you'd never know it except to look at her.  I've had
this truck for 5 years, and except for replacing normal wear parts, the
engine and drive train have given me no problems whatsoever.

I recently purchased an Expedition with the big V8 it it, and had my first
oppertunity to pull with it last week.  The engine didn't even pretend that
there was weight behind it (3 horse stock w/ 1400lb of 'junk steel' in it).
The Expedition is a 1/2 ton so I could feel the trailer bouncing a bit.  My
Exped has a towing package too (which means my milage sucks at 13.5 average
per gallon).  I have a feeling without helper springs it would get kinda
squirlly with a horse that didn't ride well in the trailer.  Ah, that's what
you get when you try to make a big SUV ride like a car :-)

But, all in all, for hauling a lot I would definately go with a 3/4 ton--gas
is easier to come by but more prone to breaking down vs. diesel which is
harder to find out in the sticks but will never quit running.  Guess you've
got to weigh the pros and cons.  Oh, if you go with a diesel...get a turbo
diesel.  They get better gas milage I'm told (my non turbo gets 10 mpg), and
have more power.

No matter WHAT you get, be sure the drive train is made for towing--get the
towing package for sure!!

Just my .02$
Corrine