Re: RC: housework and horses don't mix

Oh, I'm so glad to hear other people have filthy houses!  I have a wonderful
horse husband, who rides with me but has his own horse interests (cavalry),
but he splits the horse chores with me.  We have 3 older children (21, 19, &
18), 4 horses, 2 cats and a dog.  No one bothers to wipe their feet before
they come in the house, but the dog the the floor is acceptable to clean his
behind on after doing his business outside.  I have a cat that is very
elderly so she will often be in the box but "miss".  So I have these
additional things to clean up after.  I don't know how they do it, but I
always find stuff on the floor. Spare change, the ties from bread bags,
opened envelopes, empty soda bottles and the like.  There are also
tumbleweeds rolling across my floor, usually made up of dog and cat hair.
The best I can do is vacuum once a week.  The funny part is that my barn is
immaculate.  So how do I manage to have time to keep the barn clean but not
the house.  Oh, that's right, the horses aren't purposely throwing stuff on
the floor, taking the folded and clean laundry I just gave them and, instead
of putting it in the dresser, putting straight into the hamper, and then
complaining they don't have any clean clothes.  I'd love to hear suggestions
from anyone who does manage to have a clean house.  Oh, stipulations on
that: you must work at least 40 hours a week, have more than one child (OK 1
counts if they are under 2 years old), must have more than 1 horse, must
have indoor pets as well, and training to do more than 25 miles).  Oh, and
you must be sleeping at night. If you are a stay at home person, with 1
horse, no children and you have a neighborhood kid cleaning your barn - I
don't want to hear it.

Carolyn Burgess