Re: RC: Do I need 4WD?

We have a 4WD dually, and I would never go back to a non-dually
truck.  Have we ever used the 4WD while hauling?  NO.  Have put 75,000
miles on the truck so far.  I only live 2 miles from work so most of that
mileage is from hauling.  I've hauled thru tons of mud....and over Conway
summit in a snowstorm.  Haven't ever been stuck or needed the 4WD.  Have
had to stop and take the tires off the trailer and rewire the breaks....cuz
the mud got up in there and messed things up. (whole rig looked like we had
just participated in a mud-bog pulling contest)  A couple of friends have
hauled with me to rides thru the mountains and guess what....they have
dually's now too! <G>  I haul a 2 horse gooseneck, and it's extremely
stable.  Been to lots of rides, multidays -- point to point, etc.---I
dunno, maybe 20+ rides a year.  If we ever do need the 4WD, I'll let you
know!  Glad it's there, just in case, but if I hadn't had it till now, I
wouldn't have missed it.

Karen
in NV