Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch

results online at www.htcomp.net/huffman/MWresults.htm

if you didn't get your vet card and want it, let me know, I'll snail mail
it.  I have a few completion shirts that weren't picked up, I'll be getting
those out ASAP, if you are due one and don't get it, contact me and let me
know.

---ride story---

It was the "Best of Times", there just isn't much other way to put it.  The
wildflowers had arrived on schedule and were in full bloom.  It was partly
cloudy and warm with a stiff breeze to keep things cooled down.  We had our
largest ride ever with 100 starters.  There was only one (mild) metabolic
pull that didn't require treatment, and three mild lameness pulls, mostly
due
to the rock.  We had many first time endurance riders, and several first
time 50s. We awarded first-to-finish in each weight division with a feed
bucket and a halter, and 2nd received a halter.  Best Condition awards were
engraved plaques.  Completions, as usual, were our shirts with the picture
of Bullet and Shadow.! <G>

We had a special group of guests, several folks from the SCA set up a
wonderful demonstration of their arts and skills.  We were honored with the
presence of the Baron and Baroness of our area as they hosted the
hospitality
pavilion.  They had a display of handcrafted jewelry and other arts as well
as displays of swordsmanship and some of their equestrian games.  I've never
considered endurance riders mild-mannered, so it was no surprise to see
several well-known riders charging to 'hunt' the 'pig' with a seven foot
lance, or taking to 'chopping heads' with a shortsword, as well as several
other imaginative horseback games.  We'll do it again next year - so plan to
have a little extra fun after the ride.!

SPECIAL THANKS to Bo and Linda Parrish, David Fant, Ted and Casey Reeves,
Jace, Jacob and Jared Huffman and all the other wonderful volunteers that
make this ride possible, as well as our vets, Drs Conway and Seymore.  We
couldn't do it without you.!

also: remember the ranch is open for day or weekend riding, by appointment,
contact KOG@hpnc.com

Becky Huffman, Cleburne, Texas
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/

"There are always alternatives." - Spock