Re: RC: leg cramps

And don't forget pickles!
I an experience one New Years' Eve involving my desire to fit into my
slinky dress around that time of the month where women have that water
weight bulge. My nurse coworker gave me 2 water pills which she said to
take 2 hours apart. Soooooo... I fit into my dress and Mark and I were
off to parties. We got back at 1 AM and went to bed. An hour later I was
screaming in pain--- literally in tears--- with cramps in my right leg.
He grabbed the muscle messager (you know, the one with "springs" that
you put on your hand that athletes use) and tried to message the cramp
away. Finally the pain started to subside and I fell asleep only to
awake 2 hours later with another bout in my left leg. Again tears and
Mark was up trying to get my muscles to relax. After 20 minutes or so it
stopped and I was exhausted and fell back asleep until around 6 AM when
they started up again. Here is Mark with the messager going and me
screaming Lower---higher---make it go away-- it hurts so bad!!!--- and
crying-- and Mark called the hospital at that point and they told him it
sounded like a chemical imbalance and did we have pickles or bananas
around?
Mark raced out of the bedroom to get a pickle and almost tripped over
his older roommate (in his 50's and we were in our 20's then) who was
sitting in a chair right outside Mark's bedroom door obviously FEIGNING
reading a magazine. Mark said to him "Ed, did you hear Bette crying in
there?" To which he all too quickly replied "No" (with a red face) and
Mark added; "She's got leg cramps REALLY bad! We need pickles." Mark
said
the relief on Ed's face was pretty obvious.
Soooo, the moral of this story is to always keep pickles and/or bananas
by your bedside (and be prepared to offer explanations to any visitors
who might wander in) ;-)
Bette
PS I got the computer VD as I had my Norton off because I was installing
a program and forgot to turn it back on. Norton couldn't delete the
files because Windows was using them (scary) so I had to go into DOS to
do it. If anyone else has this problem, email me and I'll tell you how I
did it with trial and error. Fortunately I have Navigator so it couldn't
be transmitted. Can we make a rule about banning Outlook??? (Kidding---
but only half)

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov