Re: Rearing

>Making  the horse go FORWARD is the key...circling is "forward",  just in
one place....

Well said, Teddy.  Toc went through a phase where he used to rear, and he
could stay on his feet for ever.  He would also turn around whilst on his
back legs and then face in the direction he wanted to go (for him, it wasn't
always home, either) and then drop and go.  Very annoying, as I just had to
sit there, feeling like a pratt whilst his Lordship surveyed the area.

One way I dealt with it was, if I felt he was going to rear, I'd turn his
head round to my knee.  If he went FORWARDS, he could have his head, if he
wanted to to UP, I had his head.  He soon learned that it was more
comfortable to go forwards.

Tracey