From: DAldr94141@aol.com [mailto:DAldr94141@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 7:24 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: melanoma I think

Hi. I have a 7 yr. old appy mare I noticed just a couple of days ago has a
round hard lump on her foreleg right where it meets the chest. It's actually
on the chest a little. The lump is between the size of a pea and a marble. My
riding instructor was looking at it and squeezed it like a pimple and some
black old blood came out. It went down but was back up the next day.
I hadn't noticed it before. The vet said it may be a melanoma and he
suggested it be taken off. He said horses that are grey with black skin are
more susceptible to getting these. Don't know about taking it off tho. Does
anyone have any opinions or had experience with problems in taking this off?
Is it worth the time and money to do so? Thanks. Deb