strongid daily

I've been reading the posts on ridecamp about the dangers of strongid daily and it happens to coincide with our spring vet visit.  A friend of mine (many, many miles of endurance) was asking the vet about keeping weight on her endurance horse who tends to be a bit harder keeper than the other three she owns. Among other things, the vet suggested  strongid daily, this person will not use it because of the things she's heard about it. I later asked the vet what he thought about the warnings we all hear about strongid daily, his reply was simply, "the horse doesn't absorb the daily wormer, that's why you give it every day." I am no scientist but that sounded good to me. My horse has been on it for about five years, three of those years he's been doing endurance. He's never had metabolic issues or collicked, it's just a one rat study but I feel fine giving it so far.

Jennifer

Do You Yahoo!?