Re: NATRC vs AERC?

They are both valuable and have different focuses. I think NATRC is
excellent for starting young horses and helping novice riders. I
overheard a person that watched an endurance ride and expressed that he
thought all the riders were "yahoos" and didn't know how to ride. It's
definitely true for some!

I've done both and I like them both for different reasons. Last year and
this year, my husband and I are concentrating on NATRC rides as he is
bringing back his horse from an injury and I have a four year old that I
want to bring up with lots of LSD. The one thing I don't like about
NATRC is that you can't have forward motion while off your horse. On
long rides I like to get off my horse and walk/jog to stretch my legs.
With NATRC, you can't do that. One gal, who rides endurance exclusively
now, was very upset with the seemingly inconsistent judge's remarks on
her horsemanship cards and has refused to ride NATRC since. If you don't
like getting critiqued, you won't like NATRC.

Try NATRC. You may like it.

Lauren