Tape Worms

Hi Bob,

I use 2x dose of Strongid paste wormer once a year for tapes.
My most excellent vet recommended this to me years ago.
I read once in Equus Mag (I believe) that 3x Strongid Paste is
most effective.  When I asked Dr. Mike about this, he said
that 2x is fine.  I believe the article said 2x is 95+% effective
and 3x is 100% effective.  I don't know if that means 2x gets
rid of 95+% percent of the worms in 100% of the horses, or
if it clears 100% of tapes in 95+% of horses.  ;-)  In anycase,
Strongid is safe to, like, 10x dosage or something so either should
be fine.  As always, you might check with your own vet first.

Kathy Myers
in No. Cal. with Blue... aka Mr Maajistic
and Magnum the TB ex-racer  aka "Little Matador"
... who doesn't have a "pot belly"... those are for pigs.  He has
a "hay belly" and a royal one at that.  It's genetic, comes down
from Nasrullah me-thinks, and no amount of worming is going
to change his gene code.  Cousins Bold Ruler and Secretariat
also sported the same ...