Re: Fear

----- Original Message -----
From: JANUSSTUDIO@aol.com
Hi Rhonda,
I've had Arabs for 30 plus years, and a Paint for almost four.  I can tell
you that Arabs are nearly a different species. <g>  I love them, but in
working with different breeds, as you've found out, it takes different
strokes.

**I have a couple of thoughts here......based on observations on horses I have owned.  For years I believed that an ARab crossed with a
"calmer" breed might be a more sensible horse.  I have bought Arab crosses, both for this reason, and also because I have found several that were larger than the Arabs I was running into......being just under 6 ft, I looked for taller horses.  Of course, ironically, I keep running into all these shorter women with HUGE arabs (where the heck do they find them????)

Anyway, my current "endurance partner" is an Arab/walker horse, that I think could comfortable compete with Trumans walker for the
"horse from hell" designation.  I have also owned a somewhat willful Arab/morgan, Arab/appy, Arab/mustang, and the current Arab/Tb.
With my Arab/paint filly, it may be too soon to tell.

I have also owned 3 purebred Arabs......one just sold.

These girls (the purebreds), by FAR, have been much more cooperative and docile than the crosses!!!  They basically and happy to do what you want, but all three have been people horses, very sweet and willing.  It's those half ARabs that have been the challenge!

Anyway, I am not saying the crosses are not great horses, because I have been able to use them for my kid's and family horses, but all the crosses I have had, have had major attitide problems to work with!!!

Just my experiences......Karen