Writer needs help!

George Hilliard ghill@gci-net.com
I am working on a book about long-distance and unusual horseback rides and races in America, colonial days to the present. For example: one rider, two horses, Chadron NB to Chicago, 1893; one horse and rider, Evanston WY to Denver, 1908; one horse and rider, 30 miles, no stops, Midnapore, Alberta, 1946. I need more material. Generous financial thank you for a lead to an event I can use. Can you help?