100 in a day vs 250 over four days

Keri wrote:

I may be taking this the wrong way, But don't we want our horses to always be sound?  I sure do.  I don't start any ride and "hope" my horse stays "sound" until the finish, if I feel there is a question I stay home.  I don't do a  ride, either 50s, 100s or multi days unless I know my horse is in great condition.  Yes, I know things can and do go wrong, but "K" seems to have the attitude of doing 100s is best cuz as she says " horse only has to stay sound
1 day"  Pretty pathetic to me.

Tick, tick, tick.....

Tracey