Cushings

Thanks, Barb for the very useful posting on current findings.  We have a 24
yr. old mare that was diagnosed w/ Cushings.  We did have her on Pergolide
(the drug used for human Alzheimer's, we were told) and her condition
improved.  Some of her symptoms were similar to  those of a horse with a
thyroid imbalance- but that was not the problem.  I wish it had been,
because Pergolide is a whole lot more expensive then Thyro-L!!!  I'm looking
forward to getting time to read your suggested articles.    KW

Kathleen Weickhardt and Larry L. Stewart
Sunnyland Racing Arabians
ATHLETES for TRACK, TRAIL and ARENA
870.591.6212
http://www.sunnylandarabians.com