Sulfates/Acid Base

betty bettywashburn@worldnet.@att.net
The vet I talked to about the better (?) formulation said that
the reason for giving in the acid base is that "one can be sure
that the amount uptaken is close to the label's percentage; he
said that "with the sulfate based, other interactions occur and
one can't be sure of the actual percentage that gets uptaken".
Comments?  Because of his recommendation, I got the acid based
formulation.  Oh well.  Does this sound right to anyone?