Harris & horsemanship

When was this? I think that the rules may have changed somewhat.

Harris says it was "a few years ago". The book was published in 1941. El Sabok was foaled in 1916. Unfortunately, the AHRA CD/ROM does not give  an ownership history  on him, but at the time, Harris says he was owned by the US Remount, so if I can track down that information, I may be able to narrow it down further.
                      --CMN