Cosequin or bust?

Linda Tibensky ltibensky@microseeps.com
Bear with this new horse owner and subscriber.  I have read much literature and been in touch with Nutramax Laboratories about Cosequin and it's supposed superior absorb-ability.  The marketing line seems to be, "Cosequin is the only brand that uses the high purity, low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate that has been studied for absorption.  Lower molecular weight means the particle size of the molecule is smaller and more easily absorbed by the digestive system than other less pure forms of chondroitin sulfate." (Nutramax Web Site www.cosamin.com) Dig out those old chemistry textbooks and blow the dust off.  Help me out here.  Can a molecule of chondroitin sulfate in Cosequin differ in molecular weight than a molecule of chondroitin sulfate from a different product?  Another question?  Has anybody noticed a difference in their horse since using Cosequin?  How about any other products?