Thin Horse/probiotics

as they don't get above around
> 100 degrees and don't get wet.

So, if I have liquid probiotics...are there no bugs?  I have given
probiotics only during competition in the past...OK maybe some powder a
day or two before or after.  Gave them when the gut sounds were a little
diminished and it seemed to help. Sometimes it was liquid. Was it a
coincidence or does the fact that "doesnt directly provide bugs, it
provides substrates for existing bugs to live on and stabilize the gut. "
actually help during this situation?

My feed store switched to "Legend" brand grain a year or two ago and it
has a little probiotics in it.  Since then it seems that I haven't had to
give them during competition..but there are so many variables...he's got
more experience, may eat better, stay calmer, it's hard to say what has
helped.  Right now I'm making the decision whether to participate in
Gayle Ecker's study at Biltmore.  I'd love to know what all is going on
in the areas they are studying, but it's $140 on top of a $190 entry fee,
and an extra day off work since FEI requires we get there Thurs.  Where
do you draw the line financially?

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.