Re: RC: Re: Re: Thin Horse

In a message dated 3/30/01 6:31:25 PM Pacific Standard Time,
suendavid@worldnet.att.net writes:

Keep up with the probiotics

Susan (and interested others)

I have a question about this.   Actually a couple of questions.   I thought
probiotics were an exogenous source of the friendly bacteria which ordinarily
reside in the gut and which may be harmed or killed by stress (or other
things).   If so, why would you need to "keep up" with them.  Once they have
been replaced, won't they set up housekeeping and reproduce themselves?

Which leads to my next question.   How can there be "live cultures" of stuff
in a lidded jug which has been on the shelf for 6 months........  wouldn't
the buggies do a Malthusian (sp?) cycle - reproduce until they overrun the
food supply??

I seem to have some fundamental misunderstanding  ;-)

pat farmer

p.s. glad to hear your pup is improving.