Re: RC: Harris Part II--the First Ride, Part 1

Very interesting.  My first endurance horse was raised by an elderly
couple with no children. When I contacted them from their name on his
papers they were thrilled to hear about him.  She was such a nice lady
that I started writing her a complete account of each competition and she
sort of lived vicariously through me.  I finally visited her and she had
a book that sounds like this one...I think "Cavalry" was in the title
somehow.  When I mentioned that my horse's speed had pretty much topped
out at 7.5 mph she was thrilled and said that the Cavalry considered that
the ideal pace.  I didn't have the heart to tell her that the people
waiting for me to get in so they could hold the ride meeting didn't
agree. >g<

Please keep posting.  My friend disappeared, don't know if she died, the
phone was disconnected and I never knew what happened.  I still wonder
where that book ended up.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.