Re: RC: Denial of heath ins. and dangerous recreation; READ!

In a message dated 3/29/01 12:58:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
carolyn_burgess@hotmail.com writes:

We all need to write our congressmen and senators to get this
stopped.

Thank you Carolyn for your advise, but I ALREADY wrote my letters weeks ago
when this first came to light!  How about you?

And just to give you some food for thought, look at it from the other side.
Let's just suppose I am a birdwatcher, I pay for health insurance, my cost
are reflected by the risk the insuror has to take covering everyone else,
i.e, horseback riders, skateboarders, motorcycle riders, off road enthusiast,
mountain bikers, and on and on.  I would not think it fair that my insurance
costs as a birdwatcher should have to cover other risks!  I don't like having
to pay a higher premium anymore than you do, but WHY should my co-workers (
have the same amount deducted from salary) who sew quilts on the weekend have
to cover my risk as an equestrian? Once again, I don't like the idea of a
seperate policy or higher premiums, I don't even know if thats where this
whole issue is going.

Jackie Baker

Jackie Baker