Re: RC: Rules comparison AERC/FEI

>Vet Stops not in the AERC but covered by FEI and another Veterinary
>Inspection conducted according to the requirements set by the Veterinary
>Commission with a timed hold of not less than 10 minutes not earlier than 3
>km before the finish.
>
>Three km is damn close to the finish! A vet stop two miles from the finish?
>

>Bob Morris
>Morris Endurance Enterprises
>Boise, ID

Bob,

interesting comparison as I do not know much about the AERC-Rules. But with
the above you are wrong (or you misread the §§): In Article 830.8 it is
said that in CMEI's and CMEIO's the timed hold of not less than 10 minutes
not earlier than 3 km before the finish is to be hold.
CMEI is the Marathon ride of 40 - 50 km length.
I stumbled about what you wrote because I often compete or crew at FEI
rides (we have some more of them here in Europe ;-) ), and never seen a vet
stop as late in a race.
We had similar discussions about the difference in the German and the FEI
Rules. Currently we are on a way to have good parts of the FEI transferred
to our National Rules.

So, Bob, you see that the USA is not the only country to have its problems
with the acceptance of "foreign" things such as rules etc. Here in Europe
we do have the advantage of having FEI-rides in each country. So when
drwaing a circle of let's say 1000 km around my stable, I can compete in
~15 FEI sanctioned rides.

On the flight back from Dubai I met the assistant of Michael Stone, Mrs.
Anna Honore. If you like, I can ask her to join the discussion.

Best wishes from Germany,

Wolfgang Schwingenheuer
Endurance Trainer & Consulter