Horse has de Sniffoos

okay maybe she doesn't have the sniffles....but if she was human she would.
Ansata has lost a considerably amount of weight in the past 2 weeks. No energy at first just weight. Has been rather warm....Sunday night when feeding (some input I feed about 11 pm at night in a pasture. These women don't care for barns.) Noticed she took her time coming in.
Monday afternoon when we came in I had noticed the difference in wieght.  Also moving as if tired or not feeling well. Decided to increase food gradually to up her weight up. She has an appt on Monday next week to see an equine dentist..(certified dentist)
She ate a bit slower monday night at feeding...not normal hog mama. Tuesday Had to be up early did feed a little extra grain that am to both horses. about a cup. They normally get fed once a day. about 2 cups of Tiz wiz and 2 cups of alfalfa pellets, have been on this diet for about 8 months. They have free choice hay and pasture.
Okay...I get the truck hitched up this morning to do some "load training" horses have never been in a slant load and thought with a few hours on my hand I would work with them.
Haley takes a few minutes but gets the general idea that she has to move her rear to back out. Ansata gets a bit goofy in the trailer. But after 30 minutes of patient backing backing backing we get out. Yes they get treats. Point being we do this several times till they pretty much have it figured out. We give a treat and few extra rubs and I turn them out in the back lot to have some good grass to munch till I get home from work. Ansata imediatly lays down. I watch for a few minutes no rolling...and go over to get her up. She willingly gets up and goes to another spot to lay down. again no rolling just a I'm Tired let me rest lay. I go in Change clothes and load her up to go to the vet. Well diagnosis Allergies.
RX predensone (steroid to be given in decreasing dose over next week and half.)
Tri-Hist Granules to be top dressed 2x per day.
40cc of Pennicillin (200 cc bottle) till gone 2 x per day. ( insisted on the pennecillin since the weight loss and the suspect of some cold days coming ahead. I don't want her to get sick. Vet said that was a good idea too.)
Well she is slightly off her feed...can detect doped food 10 miles away...
Would love to have some ideas to get this crap in her gut!!! Also any other ideas to help relieve her some?
Does this mean I need to go out and buy some over sized hankys for her? Do I need to give her some steam treatments? Vicks vapo rub on her chest???????? poor baby..
Carla (anxious mom)
Ansata (Whut feed I can ebun Tade it?)
Haley (aww has ooo got de sniffoos???)
Rob (hello walmart? do you sell vapo rub by the gallon? hello?? Helloooo?)