From: Annie George [mailto:ageorge@vtc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 3:02 AM
To: ridecamp-d@endurance.net
Subject: Re:UAE/AERC/

Sundowner(and other US sponsors) just want to sell trailers (products)
They have no interest in the outcome of any ride, and they have no
interest in AERC policy. Our policies do not affect their trailer sales.
UAE has an interest in the outcome of rides, and our policies. I don't
see it as bigotry at all. Just avoiding some possible conflict of
interest. Id like to think we are financially able as a prosperous
nation to support our own sport/play time/hobbies. But that seems to be
the real conflict, sport or big business? Its not so much about the UAE
$$ as it is our own inner conflict/struggle. Annie G