From: Truman Prevatt, PhD [mailto:truman.prevatt@netsrq.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2001 7:58 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Bette's post re: results & world cup

Many Arab countries and the United States have been on the opposite side
of the geopolitical conflict
known as the Cold War since the 40's. The US and the Arab countries have
been (and still are) on the
opposite side of the Arab/Israeli conflict. We have been on different
sides of one conflict or another
for over 50 years. And if you have been paying much attention to the
newspaper it should be somewhat
obvious that the Cold War may not be as much of history as we would all
like and Russia still has a
large interest in maintaining a geopolitcal sphere of influence in the
middle east.  Added to that
terroist funded by some Arab countries have proclamed a holy war against
US interest and the people of
Israel.

We still have armed forces in conflict with one Arab state and do not
have dipolmatic relations with yet
another.  While one cannot paint all Arabs and all Arab countries with
the same brush, there is a rich
history which documents why the Americans and Arabs might not trust one
another.

"guest@endurance.net" wrote:

> Nickie nrene@hotmail.com
> <<<Perhaps some ride campers do not realize that Arabs have computers,
too
> and are probably reading many of the posts--- they do speak our
> language--- some more properly than us>>>
>
> Bette,
> This was a great post...I can assure you that people in the UAE do
read some of these posts
> (I live in the UAE, have for 5 years)--it seems that Arabs are the
last ethnic group that is okay to

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.
Innovative Solutions