AERC

Bob Morris says
"First of all the subject should never have been brought up at a Board Meting
of the AERC. To me it is an insult to the integrity of the organization. To
even give thought to the fact that the AERC MIGHT want a foreign country to
fund its internal championships is unconscionable. The fact of making the
proposal is to me degrading.
Perhaps I am idealistically pro American! Perhaps it does not mean anything
to you for a foreign country representative to imply that your national
organization is incapable of proper performance in its chosen field. To me
it means that particular foreign country believes that the USA and the AERC
are incapable and thus they must save us for the benefit of all others."

Please give the AERC Board members credit for some integrity. It is
inappropriate to make such a statement when YOU WERE NOT AT THE BOARD
MEETINGS. This did NOT come as an official offer from the UAE, but from an
individual (who does have a UAE connection. The tapes of the meeting verify
this)
This offer and  one from another source outside AERC were subsequently
discussed at a meeting of the competitions committee, and it was decided to
bring the issue back to the Board at the Sunday meeting.  In the meantime the
generous offer from Fruths and Kanavays to support the FEI concept made the
other offers irrelevant. I agree that it does compromise AERC's integrity to
be reliant on outside political organizations. Seeking sponsorships is
another matter.  Louise