"Calm & Cool"

K S SWIGART   katswig@earthlink.net

I cannot answer specifically whether Calm and Cool paste will
test positive for an endurance ride Because I don't know what
is in the paste and I don't know that anybody knows what the
AERC tests for; but I can say the following.

The Calm and Cool top dressing supplement contains Valerian Root.

Anything containing Valerian Root will test positive by the
AHSA.

So, if the paste contains the same active ingredient as the top
dressing (it will tell you so on the lable), then it is, without doubt, in contravention of the AERC's Drug Rule 13.

Whether you will get caught for using it if your horse happens
to be tested at a ride is anybody's guess, and is another
question entirely (and it isn't clear from your post which
question you are asking).

kat
Orange County, Calif.