Re: RC: Purebred but not registered

> Why is 13 too old?

Not too old to do endurance...too old to start a horse that "I know is
going to be a competitor".  I took that to mean run up front.  We have
forgotten one *very* important aspect of this whole discussion.  As a
part time horse trader for quite awhile I'll let you in on a secret. It's
profitable to LOSE the papers once they turn 13.  I've never done it. I
PROMISE. But, *many* is the 13 year old papered horse that becomes an 8
year old grade horse when it passes through the right hands.  So if
you're getting a 13 year old horse with no papers, you'd better make
darned sure he isn't 17.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.