living in a barn

Just had to put in my comments about living in a barn.....my Dad
just shook his head and grumbled something about, "I always knew
that some day you'd live in a barn."  the first time he came to
our place.  OUr living quarters are attached to the stall area
of the barn:  from the stall area you go to the attached indoor
and from there you can reach the major pasture areas and the hay
barn.  In other words.....I never have to step outside when we
are in teh middle of a blizzard!!! and here in the midwest that
happens alot.  I would never trade my arrangement for anything.
When I have a mare ready to foal I can run out and check anytime
during the night and never have to worry about throwing barn
clothes on.  We also have a window from our bedroom the looks
into the stall area....it's wonderful!!!  and I don't have a
problem with barn smells in the house or anything!!!  Most of my
horse friends think it's great ..the only folks who don't aren't
horse people.  Besides it makes for some really unique surprises
when coming home from work ....I worked second shift when we
first bought the place......I drove home in the middle of a snow
storm and my husband had woken up to see the snow coming donw
hard and when I got home teh barn lights were on.....here was
Mike...he had gotten all the "kids " in and was running down the
barn aisle tossing everyone hay in only his sorel
(I mean IN ONLY HIS SOREL BOOTS).........