Re: wound care according to the CSU vet school

> paddock was dry, Spell got to go out -- otherwise, he was stall bound with
> hand walking ("the bandage must stay dry").

Have you seen the Davis boot?  Those work pretty well to pop over a bandage
so your horse can still go outside with the bandage on.  I used one for a
few weeks on a bandage over an abscess that came out at the heel - of course
during the muddiest, snowiest part of winter.  :-)  The Davis boot never
fell off, I was impressed.