stock trailer question

We got a new 12 ft steel stock trailer least year. It "put a hurtin" on the
budget so the only extra we got was rubber mats. The wall are not lined. My
friend that has done body work for many years said that plywood would hold
moisture and rust out the bottom of the walls. The walls get a bit scraped up
from hooves along the bottom. (which will rust anyway if its not touched up)
Has anyone tried spray on bed liner on the walls? Or maybe putting
undercoating on the walls and then plywood? It would be salt treated
plywood.Also I need to cover the sides, but plexiglass doesn't sound easy to
put in and take out if you need to change things on the road. I saw one stock
trailer with heavy clear vinyl that snapped on, like the stuff they use on
boats. This trailer has to last a long time so I want to do all I can to help
preserve it in all its pristine purpleness!

                                          Shelly in DE