re: Schreiners -wound care

Teresa Van Hove vanhove@ucar.edu
If you notice all photo'd success stories with Schreiners are in
places where horses have good to great circulation -Large
muscles and head wounds etc. Its probably good for these places
(and so was/is cut heal)  For my horse's lower leg wounds where
its hard to get skin to heal, I'll stick to panalog/ or triple
antibiotic ointment mixed with cortisone cream; its what my vet
has recommended.  Cant claim speed records for healing, but have
not had to have proud flesh trimmed off and have gotten skin
regrown over some fairly big scrapes on cannon bones.

p.s.
Sometimes I use schreiners on my stiff muscles, but my sensitive skinned Grey
Moun cant tolerate it even as a brace.

Cheers,
Teresa