Re: RC: Bitting question

In a message dated 3/19/01 10:09:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rides2far@juno.com writes:

My Welsh ponies go best in a mild grazing curb but the largest I've got
is 4 1/2 and it's too small for Kaboot. I think I'll order a 4 3/4 of one
of those first.  Anybody got any advice?  Favorites?

Angie (who had a blast doing speed work today, regardless)

>Angie

,

If you really prefer the snaffle, as I do, then if you will teach Kaboot (and
yourself) the one rein stop, the snaffle will continue to work. I use the
'one rein stop' often when my guy gets too strong. It is a pain when you are
flying down the trail to have to stop and train, but it pays in the end. You
have to be consistent, but it does eventually work with less and less effort
on your part.
If I 'had' to change to a stronger bit, then I would choose the Kimberwick.
Jan