holes in tights

I have had holes poked in my tights from various culprits and have found
that good old iron on patches bought from the grocery store really fix them.
I cut a piece large enough to cover the hole, plus a little more and
carefully iron on.  I try very hard not to let the iron touch the rest of
the material, as I figure the lycra might melt.  I have not had the patch
come off at all.

Dede
Central CA