No Subject

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
Jim wrote:  You can put his nose on the ground it if you work at it.
Very useful to teach "only eat on the trail when I cue you" or "Put your
nose in the creek, even if you don't drink".  You can use it at all
gaits.

Sure, I use this to get a small head down response already and at all gaits.  But how do you help the horse distinguish bet. this clue for a small head down response and head way, WAY down?  Also, how do you train l) the difference; 2) the horse to go form small head down response he already has to all the way down?

My interest in a nonreining clue was to avoid this confusion.  But, maybe, I just need to learn more about you trained what you describe here.

Judith

Judith