gophers and knickers

Our neighbors put gopher traps in the holes they can find, and then put gopher smoke bombs in the other which cause's chaos in the holes, and while trying to run away they go in the traps. Another neighbors just goes for road flares.  You should see the ground smoke. Over here, after the gophers have eaten many of our trees, we have been rototilling them.  With the tractor.  I need a bigger tractor. The cats try to get them too. We wrap the root balls of the trees with chicken wire, and use smoke bombs, and traps, and hoses of water down the holes and hit them with a shovel when they come out.   It's futile.   regarding knickers, I had a young lady tell me that thongs are nice for reducing panty lines when you are showing. I thought thongs were beach walkers, (Zorries, you know $1.50 cheap rubber sandles) But  I was wrong. I don't think thongs would be comfy over 50 miles.   Beth