From: Corky [mailto:corky@rabbitbrush.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 11:48 AM
To: KYielding@aol.com; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: Gophers

Well I don't have a gopher problem where I live but I do have a ground squirrel problem.  When I moved here a year ago spring was just starting and I kid you not there were hundreds of the little pests.  Ground squirrels attract badgers and they really make big holes.  No I have never had a horse heart in any type of critter hole, but the tunnel systems that they build are a serious problem just watering the lawn, not to mention that they eat just about anything that you try and plant.  I have declared war on the vermin infested pests and will kill them any way that I can think of with the exception of poison ( I have too many pets to worry about getting into poison).  I have two Jack Russell's that delight in killing the squirrels but even they can't get them all and I do worry about them getting a nasty bug from the squirrels.  My two big dogs don't even chase the creeps any more.  When I see one on the road I aim for it but most escape unscathed.  I just purchased a Rat Zaspper and am planning on capital punishment for any squirrel that ventures into my yard.
Corky Young, Rodent HATER
Spring Creek, Nevada