Re: RC: RE: Re: Re: gophers

Hi Marlene
I wonder what the statistics are on broken legs from gopher holes.
Gophers have been around for a very long time and they seem to seek out
my pastures no matter where we have lived. My friend and breeder once
laughed at me when I was worried about the holes and pointed out horses
are smart and have three other legs to catch their balance on--- I know
the one broken leg I had (Halynov's) was a freak accident totally
unrelated to gophers. Has ANYONE on ridecamp had a horse break his leg
in a gopher hole? There are 1000 members here I understand. It would be
interesting to know just how real this danger is.
Bette (who kind of likes their cutsy little faces but also has wrestled
with the best way to eliminate them--- BTW those sonic sound things
don't work :-) Just moves them down a few feet!)

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov