Re: RC: Dubai - parties, hoof & mouth

In a message dated 3/15/01 1:45:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stephanieteeter@yahoo.com writes:

> Reports of 8 cases of hoof & mouth disease in UAE, 2
>  in Saudi Arabia - from imported calves. We're all
>  watching the news closely...

Steph:

Could this possibly mess up the return of your horse to the states?  I heard
this on the news and was wondering if such a thing could happen to you.  How
long will they let you stay if your horse can't leave?  Will you have to
become a belly dancer?

They're not even having thoroughbred horse racing in England anymore because
of this disease.  Racing hamsters now!  Just isn't the same if you ask me.

Scares the crap out of me, this hoof and mouth thing; I'm afraid to leave my
state with my horse.  Might not be able to return.  I just don't get it.  I
mean, I put my foot in my mouth all the time. What's the big deal?

cya,
Howard