From: Luke Steele [mailto:steelela@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 4:08 PM
To: Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Subject: Re: Used horses

HI Maryanne,
Sorry to take so long to reply.
Horses from our stable no longer up to the demands of competition are sent
out to the Police, Royal Guard and Army Equestrian Clubs. I am assured they
are not used for target practice. They have another life after endurance, if
they are reasonably sound. Those that are completely unsound without any
hope are no worse off than horses back home.
A big partbred gelding from the Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club who didn't stand
up to the work now is a pony horse at the race club. Others go to the Riding
School.
On another note, are there any plans for further Endurance rides in Egypt?
I am planning to leave here mid-May, to get home in time for the Quilty.
Regards,
Luke