Strangles

Gary Carter jgranch@whidbey.net
I have been reading all the post about what do I do?  Am I angry at some of the OHUM attitudes, YES! I suggest you read
about the disease and fully understand it.  Hereare several links   http://www.thehorse.com/0597/strangles0597.html
http://www.manepoints.com/disease/0196stran.html   http://www.firefox.org/equines/encyc/strangles.html
many others are available.  Just search for strangles in YAHOO or any good search engine and you can educate yourself.

None of you have addressed the real culprute: "Bastard Strangles" It is a strangles infection involving lymph nodes
elsewhere in the body besides the head and neck. Symptoms will vary depending on which area of the body is
affected. Bastard Strangles is serious and has a poor prognosis.  Please educate yourselfs.

We personally have dealt with this disease and found the best information source was the internet.  Please if you even
 suspect your horse has been exposed don't drag them to rides only to infect others. When you infect just 2 animals
and they infect 2 each, just use the math.  Todays headlines should be enough to wake up many of you it deals with
HOOF and MOUTH disease. Not a problem to horses, but just look at what can happened.