Sports Saddles

Shere nikstai@qis.net
Hello :)
Am thinking of purchasing a treeless sports saddle due to the close contact
and what appears to be a much more comfortable option for the horse. Am
wondering about slippage - seems to me this saddle will slip around more
than one with a tree? Also, durability - how well do these things hold up?
Is there many folks out there able to repair these decently, if something does
happen?
And as they seem to be made for each order...how long is the wait for one,
once you decide to purchase?

I've seen the offers of demo saddles, but unless I am demoing exactly what I
want to buy, it seems kinda pointless ....and since I use a 14" and need the
stirrups set back, there's not much chance of that since it appears custom
options make the saddle non-returnable.

Thanks in advance for any input :)
~S
(I am a subscriber to Ridecamp, but somehow am not able to post, despite frequent wrangling with the email program)