Entries - Note to Ride Managers

I had a question for those on ride camp, specifically ride managers.
Do ride managers receive calls from all of those who would like to receive entry forms and directions to their rides?  Doesn't AERC provide a mailing list of members in your region? (or nearby regions when applicable)?
I have been a member of AERC for 3 years but each time I am interested in a race I have to call the ride manager and request an entry or send an email.  This applies even to races that I have attended the previous year.
Any comments anyone?  Is it expected that those that are interested in the race will call for entries and directions?