Worming and food

Hey Ridecamp,

I have a question regarding worming application.  I worm every month with
ivermectin paste and mix in it our horse's feed (ie, with molasses and water,
with some all-in-one).  Does it still have the same absorbance versus shooting
it into their mouths?  The reason why I started doing this is because my
previous gelding wouldn't let me get anywhere close to his mouth with wormer in
hand (and I'm height deficient which didn't help) so instead of fighting with
him I just stuck it in his food which he readily ate clean.  Are there any
problems with this way of administering ivermectin?  My two current horses
gobble it right up and I'd sooner avoid a fight that isn't necessary. :)

Julienne
& Isabella - who actually got a bath on Saturday, yay spring!!
& Tavi - Bob's palomino who's lookin' less like a wooley mammoth these days.